The selection procedure continues for the Juniors European Championships. Next step: the International Junior Team Cup in Berlin for the Men's team!
Eight gymnasts are still in contention to qualify for the Juniors European Championships that will take place in Bern (Switzerland) from May 25th to 29th. Those eight gymnasts were supposed to compose two teams in Berlin. Unfortunately Iliaz Pyncket and Ward Claeys got injured and are replaced by Justin Pesesse and Emiel Tiebout.
* Ruben Marx (Olympia Houthalen)
* Jonas Delvael (Gym Izegem)
* Noah Kuavita (Silok Deurne)
* Takumi Onoshima (Athanor Gym Club)
* Mattis Bouchet (Vaste Vuist Lauwe)
* Lukas Fickers (TSV 1970 Rocherath)
* Justin Pesesse (La Vaillante Tubize)
* Emiel Tiebout (Rust Roest Brugge)
4 gymnasts compete on each apparatus and the 3 best scores count for the team total. The competition will be fierce as teams from the United States, Canada, Japan and, of course, Germany, will be there.
Qualifications start on Friday. Team Belgium 2 will be in the first subdivision (9:30am) on pommel horse, and Team Belgium 1 will compete in the third subdivision (6:30pm) and will begin on pommel horse too. The final will take place on Saturday.